Saturday, October 11, 2008

Missing a Miracle

I think too often we are too busy looking for miracles that we often miss the ones he lays right in our lap. It reminds of that game we used to play with my dad, where he would hide something in plain sight but we were too busy searching for it in tiny places and dark spaces that we would miss it entirely. I believe this happens to us often with God. We are so caught up in what we want him to do now and when we want it that we often miss his best parenting. Last week I prayed so hard for him to work a miracle and keep our unborn child safe and strong. I prayed so hard for this that when it did not happen I was stunned, shocked and angry. When they told me about this mass on my ovary, I was too busy crying over our lost child, that I completely overlooked the work he was doing. My best friend, Pam, reminded me ever so gently on Monday after a clean report from the doctor to remember that God is in the business of healing and miracles. It is true, I saw the ultrasound, I heard the doctors whispers and their tones of concern that Friday afternoon. What I missed was the obvious work God had done over the weekend to heal my sadness of a loss and the possibility of a grim future. He removed the mass without taking credit, without some big show, just an act of enduring faith. Don't miss it...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure there are miracles we miss every day. Good for you for finding yours. Thank you for the reminder to be a miracle finder!

Emily said...

hey jody,
miss talking to you...hope all is well!!

HEC MOMS said...

This past Friday night at Moms night out I meant to ask you...I didn't know about this. I'm truly sorry for your loss. I'm sorry I didn't know and haven't been there as encouragment for you.