Sunday, April 19, 2009

fourth times a charm

I have a good friend about to have her first baby right after I am having my fourth. The difference between us in this time of preparation is light years. She has picked out all her bedding, bottles, booties and more. She registered for a baby wipes warmer, a bottle sanitizer, bath toys, and a vaporizer. I have bought some extra paper towels in case we run low on wipes, thought about what sheets I can throw on the crib we have yet to get out of storage, kept some empty Tupperware containers to use as bath toys and tried to figure out how many bottles we actually still have all the working parts to.
Yep, baby 4 is much different than baby one. Pace had his name monogrammed on everything, I am surprised I didn't engraved it on the side panel of my car door. His room was decorated and ready to go before the pink line actually showed up on the home pregnancy test. I had to move clothes out of Trent's closet to make room for all his onesies and outfits.
The only thing not different about this one is the overwhelming sense of love and excitement we feel about his/her impending arrival.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're driving me crazy not knowing the sex of this baby!! i could never do that!