Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Reef Promise




So here it is, the official blog about baby numero quatro. Reef Promise Edwards, born on June 29, 2009. (same day as my mom's 60th birthday, I sure did trump my sisters and brother with that gift). Below is the meaning behind her name...
Reef Promise Edwards 5 lb 13 oz 19 inches long looks just like mom and Dash. Delivery was short and sweet 4 hours and 2 pushes!Reef is from our love of the beach and time in the Bahamas. Our family treasures the time we have and will spend together in the Florida sand and in theIslands of the Bahamas. Promise is something we have held onto over the past few years from God. The promise that he is always with us and beside us in all that we do. The promise of eternal life he had given us through his son. A verse we have really hung onto is a promise God gave his people in Jeremiah 29:10-13I will come and do for u all the good things I have promised and I will bring you home again For I know the plans I have for you, they are plans for good and not disaster to give you a future and a hope when you pray I will listen it you look for me in earnest u will find me when u seek me. "
She is a super mellow baby, we call her and Pace the bookends to the 2 crazy ones in the middle!Things are going great, I truly believe with each one they get easier, maybe the Duggars do have something going with 18 and counting...hmmm.. nope, this may be it for the Edwards (for now). Labor was super easy, 5 hours and 2 pushes. My epidural didn't take the first time around so that was the only pitfall, my clawing my way up the ceiling while Trent was quoted as saying " I guess you really weren't faking it last night"...
My parents were a super help taking the other ones off my hands for a few days while I got adjusted and bonded to Reef. It was awesome last night to have our first dinner together as a complete family by ourselves. Thanks for all your prayers and support!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! I'm sure you're on cloud nine! You've waited a long time for this one! :)

Anonymous said...

what a little peanut!! she is so precious...can't wait to meet her.
thanks for posting this!