Friday, February 29, 2008

Since When...

Since when did it become socially acceptable to blackberry at dinner with other people? or when you are in a car with someone? or when you are at a social function? I mean unless you are the CEO, CFO or some big time exec. whose company simply can not function without you for one hour. I guess the person or people you are with are not as important as the ones you are texting, which I feel in that case spend the time with the person you are texting not the person you are with. I know some will take offense to this, but it offends me when you are texting instead of talking to me or those around you.

Since when did it become acceptable for kids to carry a cell phone? I hear it all the time.. " we need to know where they are", " what if we need to get a hold of them to tell them to get home or where we are picking them up"... how about You are the parent, you should already know where they are and if they aren't old enough to be where you told them to be they shouldn't be alone.

Since when did it become appropriate for kids to bring headphones, ipods, DVD players and gameboys to dinner? If you want your children to entertain themselves, then you need to either leave them at home, or check your thoughts on parenting. How about having a conversation with your kids at dinner? I see it at restaurants all the time, parents blackberrying, little ones playing gameboys, teens on the phone. When did we loose such interest in being together as a family in fellowship with one another?

No comments: