Thursday, April 10, 2008

What is her father thinking?

Last night we watched Idol Gives Back... I was enjoying the show until something really blew my mind. Miley Cirus came bounding on stage and I could not believe it. This cute little 15 year old girls was dressed and made up to be a 23 year old woman. She began singing a song ( along with all the 6- 10 year olds in the audience) about some guy she cant wait to see again, this guys that rocks her world, takes her breath away, on and on and on... they had guys all around her dancing, she was all over the stage in this crazy seductive way, I mean come on she is fifteen! Her father was backstage watching this? His little girl transforming into some kind of sex symbol? Where did cute Hannah Montana go? Why is it that these young girls get swooped up into singing songs about everything from "oops I did again" to " I can wait to see you again" . From the best of my knowledge Ashley Simpsom even did one called "you make me want to la la"... what happened to father's protecting their daughter's hearts, preparing them for the groom God created for them? have we not learned enough from watching Brittney, Paris, Lyndsey derail? Shame on dad and his achey brachey heart!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sad because it leads a whole lot of little girls astray at the same time. :(

eliseandpaul said...

I like her Vanity Fair spread...very appropriate (sarcasm)