Monday, January 12, 2009

My mom has a...

" My mom has a pee bag on her leg" quote of the day from my little Dash, as told to my 20 year old sister's best guy friend on Thursday. A look of horror from said guy to me. Yes, mom has a pee bag on her leg I said. " I really like to empty it for her, it is so cool" as said by Pace to sister's said friend. Another look of horror and a quick exit to my sister's room...

A pee bag you may ask... here is the life of me over the past 7 days...

Last Sunday thought had some sort of infection as I was having a problem going to the bathroom but thought may be due to baby, so I went to the med express, they checked, put me on antibiotics and sent me on my way. Sunday night feeling ok, go to bathroom around 7 pm, watch movie try to go to bathroom before bed, cant go. Drink a full water bottle in hopes to help. Get up at 12:30 feel like I need to go, can't so I drink another bottle thinking I am dehydrated or don't have enough urine and try to sleep. Toss and turn, get a little sleep. 4:30 get up, take cold bath, hot shower and sit on toilet and still can't go. 6:15 call dr, says that I am having bladder spasms to come in at 9 am they will cath me and everything will be fine. (forget to tell dr. i have now drank almost a gallon of fluids since last night) send hubby to meeting in ft. lauderdale. 7 :10 am try to stand and can't, my bladder feels like it is tearing. call sister in-law to take me to ER. Rushed to ER, ultrasound confirms I have a full bladder (DUH!! dont need and ultrasound, cant you tell by me not being able to sit, stand or bend and the massive amount of tears and sweat I am putting out). 8:20 put catheter in 1500 cc of fluid in bag and a discharge notice with a "pee bag" attached to my leg. 8:30 home greeted by the boys with "wow, that is so cool, can we touch it"... Tuesday morning off to ENT to follow up on vertigo symptoms I had on Christmas. Diagnose me with severe vertigo in left ear. Decide to do head manipulations to get crystals back in place, have to inflict 5 minutes of severe vertigo on me, I dry heave, sweat, cry and then get a migraine from the motion sickness. Dr then tells me I need to be in a c-collar for two days to keep from moving my head and that I have to sleep upright for 2 nights. WHAT? I have three kids under 5 and a pee bag on my leg... head home in tears (and a collar)...Wednesday, totally exhausted from trying to sleep upright with a "pee bag" and collar on, head to OB to get cath out. Takes it out, sends me on my way! Yahoo...not so fast, back in the ER at 2 am for another cath, could not pee again! home at 4:30 am, into the dr at 9 am for exam. "You have a very rare condition in which your uterus is obstructing your bladder and colon (no wonder nothing was coming out the other end for 3 days either) I am going to try to flip you uterus up (wont go into details but it was the MOST painful thing other than bladder almost bursting). After 2 drs violate me trying to get it to flip, they give up, decide to leave the cath in for a least 2 more weeks until my body does it naturally...aah. In total pain, head down to see Gators win National Championship (only highpoint of week). Loaded up on Tylenol and adrenaline, feeling like I can push through. Friday, feeling a lot better cath has started to settle into my bladder. Go to perinatologist for some testing and ultrasound, get to see baby on monitor moving, sucking thumb, kicking for 45 minutes, thank God for this awesome gift of life and say a little prayer of endurance. In the end, in five months, we will have this precious gift in our arms. In the end, I would do it all over again in a second for our child.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Em, that's completely horrific and hilarious all at the same time! I hope your "pee bag" time goes quick and you don't have to go through it all for much longer.

Emily said...

humor is always great medicine charlene...

Anonymous said...

sweet, dude! i didn't think you'd really write about it! :) thanks for sharing...um...everything.

Unknown said...

so much in one week that it truly seems unbelievable... wow! and to think you had the energy to even blog about it!! You deserve the world's easiest labor after this!!! The journey to this child has been so difficult (counting in the miscarriages) which will make the delivery all the sweeter. Praying your body naturally does what it needs to SOON!!!