Friday, March 14, 2008

Absence makes the Heart Grow Fonder

There is one day that is just depressing! Depressing!!!. The day after the BCS national title game. It means that college football season is over! For the past few years we have at least had basketball season to look forward to, but not this year. It was not unexpected with 5 starters gone, but there was a glimmer of hope in the first half of the season. Well, after last nights lack luster performance, what next? a whole 5 months of nothing but golf, baseball, car racing and hot, humid days! At least it will give me time to read all my gator sports pages! There are two rays of light in all of this: 1. we will get to beat, I mean demolish UM in the beginning of the season which will give us bragging rights for more than a year! 2. the national title game is in Miami, so we wont be traveling far to see the Gators bring home another cup to add to the collection. oh and 3. we will get to beat up on the wildcats (not that this is much fun, Lyndsey and JDUB) so we will have a fun time blogging....
I guess the lesson in the next few months is good things come to those who wait. GO GATORS!!!

1 comment:

aprilbrunjes said...

What a bummer of a basketball season..I wanted to throw my Tv out the window last night. I still love Billy D though. I know what you mean about being bummed out after football season. It's so sad. No more reasons to go up to Gainesville, no more parties on Saturdays. Just another weekend..:(. I look forward to what Tebow will do next season. I smell National Championship!