Friday, March 7, 2008

How innocent they are!

Two days ago when I was in tears, Pace asked why I was crying so much. I sat him on my lap and explained that I was very sad because the baby in my belly that God had given us had died. But that I was also very happy because God had taken that baby to heaven and one day mommy would get to see that baby again. He listened, asked a few questions, and then was on his way. Last night when we were at dinner with Trent's parents, Cakes asked how Scout was. (Scout has been at my parents in Miami where she is super spoiled). I replied " Oh, she is great, she is in heaven". Pace instantly broke into tears! I asked him whatever was the matter. He said "Oh mommy, Scout went to Heaven too? She is gone forever too?" My little man, so innocent in his thoughts could not understand how Scout could be in Heaven, when really I was just trying to explain that she was having a great time at grandmas! These are the reasons we smile!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When I miscarried, my seven year old wisely said, "No mommy. The baby is not dead. The baby is alive in heaven." So when someone we love dies here on earth, we always refer to them as being alive in heaven now! :)

Lyndsey said...

He has the sweetest spirit!

katie said...

hey emily. i had no idea you were a part of this blogging world...i just found your link on lyndsey's blog. i have tears streaming down my face after reading the last few posts...i am so sorry you are having to walk through this. i feel terrible because i spoke to you at church this morning having no idea what you're going through. i owe you a hug!