Friday, June 13, 2008

A dream come true

So I had to go to the grocery store tonight to pick up things for my awesome hubby's fishing tournament tomorrow. He has to be in the tournament for work with a bunch of clients, not something he is looking to forward to. Anyways, I had a list of stuff to get, things I guess guys need for a day out at sea while they hunt for the big one. One thing was beer. As I was checking out, the sweet and my new best friend, cashier said "mam, can I see your ID?"... I didn't respond, mainly because I didn't think she could possibly be talking to me. But after the second time, I smiled as big as Texas and said ABSOLUTELY... hee hee, I can't believe it! Hopefully, she wasn't just trying to be nice. It is a sad day when this is the highlight of your day... this is in contrast to the card my oldest son made for me a few weeks ago. It was a cute little card with a heart on the front, his name and mine in pink and a cut out picture from a magazine with shamu in it. He said (and I am not editing this at all) "Mommy, I put shamu in there because it reminds me of you, see the big white belly on it"... yes a moment that will shine forever in the mommy book. So today, I am going to believe the cute, wonderful and oh so perfect Publix cashier who made my year by simply asking me for ID.

1 comment:

Bryonm said...

kids say the darnedest things. And they're just warming up :)