Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just Say No

This is what my hubby says to me like once a day or maybe twice. You see I am a compulsive "yesser" aka sucker! I have a really hard time saying no. (except of course to my three young children who are so well behaved I hardly have to say no LOL) My day looks like this in my yes world. "Hey Em, want to go to the park with us ?" Me: yes. "Hey Em, can you help us put together xyz project" Me: yes. "Hey Em, can you come up and take your grandmother to xyz?" Me:yes. "Hey Em, can you design a party invitation for me?" Me: yes. "Hey Em, can you plan a wedding for us?" Me:Yes. YES, YES, YES. I get bored standing still, sitting still or just being still. I get bored driving to the grocery store without talking on the phone. I get bored just thinking about not having something to think about. I love to be busy, I love to be a yesser, I love to be in controlled chaos. But, I know that I have some limitations, so from here on out I pledge to keep my yeses to less than ten a day! Now that you are warned, you better be one of the first ten to ask!

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Hey Em- can you come over and cook us dinner and then clean our house?

Emily said...

yes lyndsey